READY FOR A BETTER IT EXPERIENCE?
Questions to Ask Your IT Service Provider
About their Accountability
Most business don’t realize that there are no set standards or regulations for accountability in the IT industry. So, your current provider could be highly accountable, but you may not know that until a situation puts them to the test – unless you just ask a few good questions.
1. When something goes wrong with your Internet service, phone systems, printers or other IT services, does your service provider own the problem or do they say, “That’s not our problem to fix”?
mPowered IT: We feel WE should own the problem for our clients so they don’t have to try and resolve any of these issues on their own – that’s just plain old good service and something many managed services providers don’t do. I call that adding an “Extra Scoop”!
2. Does your service provider have other engineers on staff who are familiar with your network in case your regular engineer goes on vacation or gets sick?
mPowered IT: Our customers have an assisted team dedicated to your support and we keep detailed network documentation (basically a blueprint of your computer network) and updates on every client’s account, so any of our engineers are able to help you If necessary.
3. Does your service provider complete projects on time and on budget?
mPowered IT: Generally speaking, all projects are fixed-priced and are completed on time. This is important because some service providers will only quote “time and materials,” which can become an incentive to take more time than is necessary to complete the project.
4. Does your service provider issue detailed invoices that clearly explain what you are paying for?
mPowered IT: We provide detailed invoices that show what work was done, why and when, so you never have to guess what you are paying for. We also double-check our invoices for accuracy before they are sent to you.
5. Does your service provider have adequate errors and omissions insurance as well as workers’ compensation insurance to protect YOU?
mPowered IT: Here’s something to consider: if your provider cause a problem with your network that causes you to be down for hours or days, or to lose data, who’s responsible? Here’s another question to consider: if one of their technicians gets hurt at your office, who’s paying? In this litigious society we live in, you better make sure whomever you hire is adequately insured with both errors and omissions insurance AND workers’ compensation – and don’t be shy about asking to see their latest insurance policies!
At mPowered IT, we hold ourselves to the highest standards are always transparent and accountable for our work. You won’t even have to ask. We’ll prove it each day.